The Coventry Rugby Supporters’ Club is being formally relaunched on Saturday, August 27th at the Butts Park Arena. The Supporters’ Club is run by volunteers and is officially recognised and supported by Coventry Rugby Club and is a non-profit making organisation.
A committee was duly elected at the supporters’ forum in June and the committee has worked hard since then to establish an active, dynamic, energetic, enthusiastic and strong Supporters’ Club which is supportive of, and complementary to, Coventry Rugby Club. Applications for membership are now invited. Your membership is part of a commitment to those ideals and is very much appreciated and valued. We would welcome any new ideas or suggestions, so please feel free to contact the Committee by visiting the Supporters’ Club stand in the Arena Bar from 11.30am on August 27th and between 2.00 – 2.45pm on home match days thereafter, or via our dedicated email account: firstname.lastname@example.org
To give the Supporters’ Club its own brand and identity a logo, named ‘Tusker’, has been designed with the tag line ‘Our City…Our Club’, which will be found on all Supporters’ Club documentation and promotional material. Also, a formal Constitution has been drafted and is available to members.
At this point in time we still have many ambitions and aspirations to achieve, but we are expecting to be able to offer the following benefits to members:-
- Discounted coaches to away fixtures
- Discounts where possible on tickets for away fixtures.
- Regular prize draws
- Special members’ events
- Supporters’ Club ‘Player of the Year Award’
- Opportunities to meet the players, coaches and ex-players with talks from various members of Coventry Rugby management team and staff
- Regular members newsletter
- A dedicated page giving regular updates and information on the Rugby Club official website
- Discounted club merchandise
- Discounted access to local businesses which are supportive of both Cov Rugby and of the Supporters’ Club
- A variety of Supporters’ Club merchandise
- “Behind the scenes” tours of the various departments of the Butts Park Arena
- Talks by referees to explain the laws of the game and decisions taken by them
- Social events and fundraising events
- And a whole lot more!
Whilst we look forward to a good year on the playing front, we also look forward to developing the Supporters’ Club to achieve many ideals for the members.
“Our City…Our Club”