Coventry Rugby are looking to recruit a Head Academy Therapist to join our experienced and expanding Performance Team.
Working predominantly with the club’s Academy teams you will work closely with other members of the Performance Department, including the therapists; conditioning staff and coaches.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the team responsible for pitch side trauma cover at both Academy matches and training sessions, and work as part of the team assessing and rehabilitating the wider Coventry Rugby squad.
Required skills and experience:
- BSc Physiotherapy / MSc Physiotherapy; Sports Therapy/Rehabilitation
- Registered with Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP); British Association of Sports Rehabilitators and Trainers (BASRAT); Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC)
- Evidence of current Hepatitis B immunity
- Be willing to undertake an Enhanced DBS check
It would be beneficial to have:
- Experience working within Elite Sport
- Experience working with young athletes
- An up-to-date pitch side trauma qualification (PHICIS level 3; ATMMIF; IMMOFP etc)
To be successful in this role you will need to have excellent clinical skills and the ability to build good working relationships with all key personnel, colleagues, and players.
- Match day physiotherapy and pitch side trauma cover for the Academy Squad and development squad
- Assessment and diagnosis of injuries, providing best practice physiotherapy treatment
- Assisting in the planning and management of screening, assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation across all squads.
- Accompanying Academy and senior players to consultations, scans and procedures as required
- Planning and implementing personalised rehabilitation plans for Academy injured players, working closely with S and C staff to ensure a smooth transition for players from injury through to Return to Performance
- Maintenance of clinical notes on all aspects of injury management
- Communication of accurate daily information regarding the injury status of players
- Assisting in driving excellence amongst the medical department to ensuring compliance, standards, innovation and clinical knowledge is outstanding
Hours: Full time. The role will require flexible working patterns, with evening and weekend work.
Travel with the team to away games will be required.
If you believe you fit the role then please email Andrew Hemming, Head Physiotherapist at email@example.com with a covering letter and copy of your CV.
Closing date: 17:00 on 9 April 2023