JOB TITLE: Corporate Events and Hospitality Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO: General Manager
SALARY: £27,000 – £32,000 + Bonus Opportunities
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Corporate Events and Hospitality Manager to join our Commercial team at Coventry Rugby. The role provides a fantastic opportunity to grow and start a career within an elite sporting environment, within a dynamic, driven, and engaging sector. Having the autonomy to grow the Event side of the Business the candidate will be rewarded for introduction of new business to the Butts Park Arena, during the week and also on Matchdays.
This is a key role focused on proactively driving new business while developing existing match day hospitality and non rugby events. The candidate will analyse methods to secure business through new channels whilst providing excellent levels of customer service and full event management.
- Generate event and hospitality sales using existing and creating new business development opportunities.
- Manage the delivery of non-matchday events.
- Work with the catering team to incorporate new F and B offerings to non-rugby events.
- Provide exceptional standards of account management to new and existing clients.
- Identify and engage with prospective clients to develop a sales pipeline of new customers.
- Maintain and update the networking and events calendar, effectively communicating any updates to all members of staff.
- Create important business connections through attending regular networking events, maximising on any opportunities that arise.
- Assist the General Manager and Media Manager with planning and delivering marketing strategies.
- Matchday duties, as required on the day, to include building relationships with assigned hospitality clients and exploring further sales opportunities through effective account management.
- To update and maintain the commercial hospitality database.
- Any other reasonable duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Previous experience of working in a commercial/client facing environment
- Previous sales experience within events
- Event management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work within a team
- Competent on word, outlook, excel etc.
- Managing customer relationships
- Planning and implementation of non rugby events
- Excellent attention to detail
- Desire to succeed
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Professional telephone manner
The Club is also committed to equality and diversity and believes in equal opportunities for all. We require all staff, volunteers and others associated with the Club to share and endorse this commitment.
You are required to ensure a positive attitude towards equality and diversity at all times. You must ensure that you treat others fairly and with respect. Your behaviour must align to the principles of equality as outlined in the Clubs equality policy. You must not commit any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and must promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.
This is a Full time position and there is potential flexible working – weekend and some evening hours may be required.
To register your interest in this role please submit a Cover Letter and your CV outlining your suitability for the position to our General Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org – by 5pm on 11th December. Interviews will take place on the 14th December 2023.