Coventry Rugby are recruiting a full-time Commercial Sales Executive, to aid the off-field growth of the club whilst working alongside club sponsors and clients. This is an exciting opportunity to become a part of a Championship club with great ambition, atmosphere and potential.
£22,000-£25,000 + bonus scheme opportunities
Employer: Coventry Rugby Limited
Place of work: Butts Park Arena
Responsible to: General Manager
To work as part of the Commercial team, you will be expected to develop relationships with current Club Sponsors and clients. As well as to introduce new Club Sponsors and Hospitality guests to Coventry Rugby.
The role will include meeting and exceeding targets thus increasing revenue across sponsorships, corporate hospitality and advertising.
• Sell match-day hospitality packages, seasonal and game specific sponsorship and advertising opportunities
• To build relationships with existing customers and increase revenue where possible
• To proactively develop fresh prospects and new business through outbound telesales
• To network on match-day to build relationships face-to-face with key customers
• To make telephone contact with current, lapsed and potential corporate customers in order to sell hospitality packages for all home fixtures.
• To arrange appointments with potential customers to generate new business opportunities
• Interact with customers at home games and special events in order to promote relationships and drive incremental business
• To present the product in a structured, professional manner
• Negotiate the terms of sale and closing the deal
• Advising customers on any potential promotions
• Actively monitor personal performance at work, looking to consistently contribute to personal objectives and team goals, and focus own activities accordingly
• Recording orders and sales in line with the Commercial Departmental procedures
Computer literate (especially in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
English & Maths GCSE Qualification (or equivalent)
Proven business-to-business sales experience with a track record in delivering results
Knowledge and experience of working in a professional Rugby/Sports Club (desirable)
Delivering results with assigned levels of accountability
Proven, recent experience within a sales focused role
Skills and Qualities
Excellent telephone manner with an ability to make quality outbound calls
Excellent communication skills
Commitment to customer service and detail
Competent and personable with good time management skills
Ability to work calmly under pressure and as a member of a team and individually
Dynamic, confident, determined, pro-active, organised and methodical
Resilience, and the ability to cope with rejection
The ability to work independently and as part of a team
To register your interest in this role please submit a Cover Letter and your CV outlining your suitability for the position to our General Manager – email@example.com – by 5pm on Friday 18th February. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 22nd February 22.