COVENTRY RUGBY – RUGBY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Coventry Rugby Club is a professional rugby club in the heart of England, in the county of Warwickshire. Currently residing in England’s second tier, the club is becoming a greater and greater influence within the city and it’s surrounding communities. The Rugby Development Officer (RDO) would be a key component within the club’s Community sector in terms of managing the day-to-day running of programmes, as well as the maintenance and building of relationships around the local area. They will report to the Community and Foundation manager at regular intervals in order to maintain an optimum flow of information.
Responsibilities and Duties:
On a day-to-day basis, the RDO will be tasked with:
- Managing the schedules of players who also coach for the club as Community Officers
- Allocating Community Officers into appropriate school coaching roles via online calendar
- Evidencing and logging the hours worked by Community Officers via online share drive
- Liaising with Community Officers to manager and evidence their progress
- Maintain communications with partnered schools and clubs in order to reach optimum delivery of community programmes within them
- Create links with fresh potential clubs and schools to help expand community outreach
- Liaise with Community and Foundation Manager in order to measure budgetary requirements
- Grow pool of casual external coaches
- Assist the management, promotion, and running of camps and community events
- Liaise with Director of Rugby to maintain strong bond and communication pathway between community and rugby departments
Experience and Skills:
- Experience as a coach/community officer in sport and/or rugby (E)
- Organisational Skills (E)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (E)
- Experience of managing a departmental budget (D)
- Ability to build and manage strong relationships (D)
- Knowledge of sporting landscape of Coventry and Warwickshire (D)
- Staff management (D)
COVENTRY RUGBY – ANALYSIS INTERN
Coventry Rugby Football Club are looking to appoint a 2 x voluntary performance analyst intern to assist and support the Head of Performance Analysis with the 1stXV and Development team analysis duties for the 2019/20 Championship season.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed individual who is looking to begin or further their career within performance analysis. The available roles will require weekend availability along with Monday, Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
Reporting to the Head of Performance Analysis.
- Filming all home, away games and training along with filming Development, Academy and Under 18 matches.
- Code and Analyse 1stXV and opposition matches with Nacsport.
- Assist the Head Analyst to provide coaching staff with post match team and individual video and statistical analysis.
- Prepare individual clips of player’s involvement during games to aid development.
- Update and maintain the club’s online analysis resource.
- Prepare pre and post match highlights, footage as governed by the Head of Analysis.
These responsibilities are not exhaustive and may be added to as the role develops.
- It is essential that all candidates have started or completed an undergraduate degree in Sports Science, Performance Analysis or any other relevant disciplines.
- Demonstrate a good technical and tactical knowledge of the game
- Must be competent and show good levels of I.T literacy, the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, file sharing systems (Google Drive, Dropbox & WeTransfer) and iMovie.
- Reliable and trustworthy with sensitive club information and equipment.
- Comfortable working with and converting various file types and sizes
- Proactive and driven to succeed
- Attention to detail
- Dedicated to the role
- An interest in coaching, preferably having started coaching badges (Level 1 desirable) but not essential.
- Experience with using filming equipment would also be beneficial.
- Previous experience of analysis software
- Own laptop would be advantageous
- Willing to commit to unsociable hours including weekends
- Be dedicated in learning the field of Video Analysis
Candidates must be aware that this is a voluntary role and there will be no financial reward although there is potential for accommodation if the candidate requires and is not local to Coventry. Coventry RFC will be dedicated to working alongside the chosen candidate in order to provide them with the best experience they can offer in this field.
Please email your CV along with a covering letter stating why you feel this job would be beneficial to you and what you feel you could offer Coventry RFC to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title Performance Analyst intern.
Closing date: 19/07/19 – interviews to be held week commencing 22/07/19
COVENTRY RUGBY – PERFORMANCE CHEF
Coventry Rugby are an ambitious professional Rugby Union team competing in the Greene King IPA RFU Championship in England.
An exciting opportunity has become available to take on a central position in the nutrition team. The position of performance chef will be available from June 2019 and Coventry Rugby are looking to appoint an individual with the appropriate skill set, passion and experience to add value to the rugby programme.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the highest standards of personal, professional and managerial attributes.
Key roles & responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver high-quality food for the professional playing department for 6-8 key meals per week.
- Work collaboratively with the team nutritionist to meet specific nutrition goals for each player within the senior squad.
- Be responsible menu planning and development, engaging with the players to keep all food options interesting and creative.
- Responsible for resourcing high-quality produce and managing food stock.
- Train and educate players and staff in food preparation, service, sanitation and safety procedures.
- Manage department budget, monitoring all financial transactions and ensure that all expenditures are authorised and budgeted.
- Experience of working with an elite sports team, with sports nutrition knowledge.
- Good understanding and knowledge of sourcing best product, while managing a budget and delivering to a deadline.
- Ability to produce excellent quality food for the professional playing squad.
- Flexible, willing with a positive attitude.
- Work well under pressure, strong work ethic.
- Have superb leadership and mentoring skills.
How to apply:
- To apply, please email your CV with 2 references and a covering letter (no more than one side of A4) to Rowland Winter, Director of Rugby at email@example.com
- The closing date for Applications is Wednesday April 23 2019.
- Interviews will take place week beginning Monday April 29 2019.
- Applicants who are not invited for interview will not be contacted.
- Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by email.
The Criminal Records Bureau enhanced disclosure process applies to this post.
SPORTS INTERNSHIPS & WORK PLACEMENTS (Post Graduates ONLY)
We have positions available within the following areas…
- Performance Analysis
- Strength & Conditioning
- Sports Therapy
- Sports Massage
- Sports Nutrition
Please send your CV, stating your area of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
PART TIME OPPORTUNITIES
We have positions available within the following areas…
– Bar Staff
– Bar Supervisors
– Kitchen Catering Assistants
– Matchday Volunteers (car parking, programme sellers, admin support)
Experience preferred but not essential.
Please send your CV, stating your area of interest to email@example.com or call the office for further details on 02476231001