COVENTRY RUGBY SENIOR PHYSIOTHERAPIST
Coventry Rugby are a professional Rugby Union team competing in the Greene King IPA RFU Championship in England.
An exciting opportunity has become available at the club for the right person to augment the medical team going forward. The position of Senior Physiotherapist is currently vacant and Coventry Rugby are looking to appoint an individual with the appropriate skillset, passion and experience to add value to the programme.
The appointee will be involved in a dynamic medical, conditioning and management team and must have high personal and professional standards that command the respect of players and coaches and be able to demonstrate confidence in their professional ability and a commitment to professional development.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing physiotherapy support to the Coventry Rugby Squad throughout all professional competitions.
- Monitoring and personally delivering treatments and rehabilitation to injured players
- Assist the Head of Medical Services in the implementation and continued improvement of best practice pre-participation screening protocols for all contracted players.
- Responsible for data entry of screening and in-season monitoring information into the Coventry Rugby database, used for player specific risk and injury prediction.
- Play an active part in player education [along with Head of Medical Services, Team Doctor and Head of Strength and Conditioning] on injury prevention, treatment and management.
- Assist the Head of Medical Services to develop the club’s long term Sports Medicine Strategy.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the highest standards of personal, professional and managerial attributes.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Physiotherapy
- Membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and registration with the Health Professions Council (HCPC)
- A minimum of three years post graduate experience as team physiotherapist. [Experience of working with rugby teams or in professional sport is preferred].
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work well within a team sport environment.
- Excellent organisation and computer skills.
A post-graduate qualification in sports and/or musculoskeletal physiotherapy or sports medicine.
How to apply
- To apply, please email your CV with 2 references and a covering letter (no more than 1 side of A4) to Hannah Walker, Head of Medical Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The closing date for Applications is Friday 1st March 2019.
- Interviews will take place week beginning Monday 4th March 2019.
- Applicants who are not invited for interview will not be contacted.
- Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by email.
The Criminal Records Bureau enhanced disclosure process applies to this post
VOLUNTARY PERFORMANCE ANALYST
Coventry Rugby Football Club are looking to appoint a voluntary performance analyst intern to assist and support the Head of Performance Analysis with the 1stXV and Development team analysis duties for the 2018/19 Championship season.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed individual who is looking to begin or further their career within performance analysis. The available roles will require weekend availability along with Monday and Tuesday mornings and one evening a week
Reporting to the Head of Performance Analysis.
- Filming all home, away games and training along with filming Development matches.
- Code and Analyse 1stXV and opposition matches with Nacsport.
- Help the Head Analyst provide coaching staff with post match team and individual video and statistical analysis.
- Prepare individual clips of player’s involvement during games to aid development.
- Update and maintain the clubs online analysis resource.
- Prepare pre and post match highlights, footage as governed by the Head of Analysis.
These responsibilities are not exhaustive and may be added to as the role develops.
- It is essential that all candidates have started or completed an undergraduate degree in Sports Science, Performance Analysis or any other relevant disciplines.
- Demonstrate a good technical and tactical knowledge of the game
- Must be competent and show good levels of I.T literacy, in particular the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, file sharing systems (Google Drive, Dropbox & Wetransfer) and IMovie.
- Reliable and trustworthy with sensitive club information and equipment.
- Comfortable working with and converting various file types and sizes
- Proactive and driven to succeed
- Attention to detail
- Dedicated to the role
- Live local to Coventry or able to drive
- An interest in coaching, preferably having started coaching badges (Level 1 desirable) but not essential.
- Experience with using filming equipment would also be beneficial.
- Previous experience of analysis software
- Own laptop would be advantageous
- Willing to commit to unsociable hours including weekends
- Be dedicated in learning the field of Video Analysis
Candidates must be aware that this is a voluntary role and there will be no financial reward. However, Coventry RFC will be dedicated to working alongside the chosen candidate in order to provide them with the best experience they can offer in this field.
Please email your CV along with a covering letter stating why you feel this job would be beneficial to you and what you feel you could offer Coventry RFC to email@example.com with the subject title Performance Analyst intern.
Closing date: 24/08/18 – interviews to be held week commencing 27/08/18
SPORTS INTERNSHIPS & WORK PLACEMENTS (Post Graduates ONLY)
We have positions available within the following areas…
- Performance Analysis
- Strength & Conditioning
- Sports Therapy
- Sports Massage
- Sports Nutrition
Please send your CV, stating your area of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
PART TIME OPPORTUNITIES
We have positions available within the following areas…
– Bar Staff
– Bar Supervisors
– Kitchen Catering Assistants
– Matchday Volunteers (car parking, programme sellers, admin support)
Experience preferred but not essential.
Please send your CV, stating your area of interest to email@example.com or call the office for further details on 02476231001