Coventry Rugby seek to appoint a voluntary performance analyst to assist and support the head of performance analysis with the 1st XV and development team analysis duties for the 2018/19 Championship season.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed individual who is looking to begin or further their career within performance analysis. The available role(s) will require weekend availability along with Monday and Tuesday mornings and Thursday evenings.
Reporting to the Head of Performance Analysis, the successful applicant will:
· Film all home games and training plus development, under 18 and school matches.
· Help code and analyse 1st XV, opposition, development, under 18 and school matches using Nacsport.
· Assist the head of analysis provide coaching staff with post-match team and individual video and statistical analysis.
· Prepare individual clips of players’ involvement during games to aid development.
· Update and maintain the clubs online analysis resource.
· Prepare pre and post-match highlights footage.
These responsibilities are not exhaustive and may evolve as the role develops.
· It is essential that all candidates have started or completed an undergraduate degree in Sports Science, Performance Analysis or any other relevant disciplines.
· Demonstrate a good technical and tactical knowledge of the game
· Must be competent and show good levels of I.T literacy, in particular the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, file sharing systems (Google Drive, Dropbox & Wetransfer) and IMovie.
· Reliable and trustworthy with sensitive club information and equipment
· Proactive and driven to succeed
· Attention to detail
· Dedicated to the role
· Live locally to Coventry or able to drive
· An interest in coaching, preferably having started coaching badges (Level 1 desirable) but not essential.
· Experience with using filming equipment would also be beneficial.
· Previous experience of analysis software
· Own laptop would be advantageous
· Willing to commit to unsociable hours including weekends
· Be dedicated in learning the field of performance analysis
Candidates must be aware that this is a voluntary role and there will be no financial reward. However, Coventry RFC will be dedicated to working alongside the chosen candidate in order to provide them with the best experience they can offer in this field.
Please email your CV along with a covering letter stating why you feel this placement would be beneficial to you and what you feel you could offer Coventry RFC to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title performance analysis placement.